After having painted Graye's room right before he was born, we decided that we were done with cheery yellow, and needed to move on to something a little less jarring when you walked into the room. As Graye and his new sister will be sharing a space, we still needed a neutral tone, and the most obvious I guess is green. So that's what we chose. I saw on a home decorating show (don't listen to Dionne saying I stole the sripe idea from her!) someone suggesting stripes, but in the same colour with one matte and one shiny and thought, "what a fine idea!" That was obviously before I spent an entire day taping stripes on the walls. However it turned out really well, I love it, as does Ryan, and as I am sure Graye and baby do as well (they beeettterrrr!!! *shake fist here*) =D I don't know if these pictures really show the effect that well, but trust me... looks great, come over and have a look for yourselves anytime!
Tape stripes....

...finished! That easy.

2 comments:
I think the room looks fabulous - Tell Graye if he doesn't like it he can stay in the scary pink room downstairs!!!! Can't wait to see the baby in her new room!!!
Looks Great! What alot of work and I'm sure the little ones will appreciate it...just like you guys appreciated everything I did for you!:-)
Post a Comment