Saturday, July 07, 2012

First Beach Day of the Summer

We have gone to the beach at least a couple more times already, but this was the first visit we made this year.  It was a beautiful day!  We had planned on staying for a hotdog roast following the beach, but were literally swarmed by mosquitoes as soon as we hit the BBQ area, so we canned that idea.  All this rain has meant we're going through a lot of bug spray on the sunny days now.  The weather has been nuts around here,  tornadoes and other "severe" weather constantly, with a few hot, hot days thrown in.  Fingers crossed, we have sun for Graye's birthday - I don't know what I'll do with all those 5 & 6 year old boys and girls in the house!


This pair of butterflies was flying around the whole afternoon.  Finally landed so I could get a couple pics!

Faceplant!! Ick.

I had just washed off all the sand from the above faceplant...

Driving home after an amazing day in the sun.

No comments: