Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Easter, etc.

Time again for my monthly update! I think I have just come to terms with the fact that this is the frequency of my posting. I'm good with that. Here have a lollipop to celebrate.
I'm pretty sure the look seen on Tegan's face is somewhere between excitement, disbelief that she would be given such a thing and terror that this is all some sort of amazing dream that could end at any second.



Then we had Easter! (I had no good segue into this, so I just went with it head on.)

In an interesting turn of events, Graye spent ages dying his eggs, while Tegan dunked hers in the pink, stuck a few bunny stickers on them and declared them masterpieces. She is usually the one that can spend a lot of time on colouring and crafts, while Graye is often bored within minutes. Maybe it takes something a little "scientific" to keep his attention.
Note the cracks - I'm pretty sure this is the main reason you boil the eggs first.


Tegan spent more time with me making rainbow cupcakes. These were pretty fun and even tasted good! We coloured white cake batter with packages of jello powder, then poured a little of each colour into the cupcake cup. My favourite was the raspberry flavour. Yerm.

The Easter bunny came and hid eggs all over for the kids to find - I'm hoping the he didn't hide some so well that we find them melted into the carpet one day! ...it was pretty late when he showed up ... and dark...


Tegan and Graye got to visit with their cousins some more, and were able to get in their baby fix at the same time that I got mine. :)


And finally summer came! Along with the sun came all the ladybugs. I think this it the only bug Tegan will touch, but heaven help us all if it decides to fly away... especially if it's escape route is towards her. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't come running...

They've joined ranks and are making their escape!


So that was April! May will be just as exciting. Promise.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love the updates, even if they are monthly!! Looks like you guys did have an great April, can't wait to hear about May:) And Yes, I think I will have a lollipop!!!!