Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Photos! (...finally)

Ok, this one isn't "Christmas" per se, but it is a good photo!

Ok, NOW for the Christmas photos...

We told the kids they could open a present on Christmas Eve, and then actually picked out 2 for them - one being a pair of these pajamas. The kids were SO EXCITED to open a gift, and (being the super intelligent mom that I am) I gave them the pajama gift first. Graye excitedly tore off the wrapping, opened the box... and immediately burst into tears. "Ohhhhhawwwww it's just 'JAMAS!!!" I know, I know - it's like the worst practical joke ever played on a 4 year old. They then got to open gifts sent from good friends in Alberta, and that fixed the situation immediately. The 'jama's weren't too bad after that, and he spent the rest of the evening showing them off (but only while also holding onto his new helicopter). Parenting tip #1: Do not make a preschooler's first gift of Christmas one of clothing.

Stockings on Christmas morning!

Princess books - Tegan's gift pile at the end was entirely pink.

Graye's favourite gift was a big box of hand-me-down dinosaurs from a friend of mine who's boys had outgrown them. I think the sheer number of dinosaurs in the box nearly sent him over the edge. Not sure why we even spent money on anything else for him! ... and I was thinking he had so many dinos already that he probably wouldn't care too much if he got anymore. Pft. Chalk another one up for Mom!

Tegan likes to make "princess cake" at the beach, in the sink in the mornings (stirring up her barrettes in a cup of water while I do her hair), or when I am baking anything at all. We thought maybe she would enjoy making some princess cake that actually resembled "cake".

Princess shoes!! (5 pairs in fact)

Christmas kids!

And the family... minus Milo. Whoops.

We had Christmas at my parents on the afternoon of the 25th.

Graye got a 3D book - he just came up to me today with his glasses on and said "Everything's in 3D!!" HAHA!

Can you see the car?? Coolest remote control ever.



Tegan called her poofy barrettes her "Princess ears"

Then went to Ryan's parent's on the 26th.

I kinda like my platters. ;)



Tegan got the biggest gift - her birthday/Christmas gift from Nana and Farfar:

A kitchen!!

"I loves me some corn!!"

Aunty Jeanette modeling Tegan's Princess chandelier earrings: this season's hottest item.

The girls having an apéritif:

Graye trying out one of the snowboards Maizie and Ella got:

Fail. ;) Maybe next year!


Hope all of you had an amazing Christmas and that the start to your New Year has been wonderful! I also hope that I continue to see those close to me as much or more than I did last year, and to those that I haven't seen in a while... like 5 years (we'll be back BC!!)... I better see you all sooner rather than later! It's just taken us this long to tame the children. =D

All our love to you and yours! xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are tame? Darn, where did I go wrong?:)

Happy New Year to you all....even after 3 years we miss your guys' company (our fault, I know!) and we really hope to see you some time in 2011!!!

The Kruger Family said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I love the photo of the kids in their dressy clothes in front of the tree. Very sweet indeed! Ah, yes, I will take the pyjama tip on board for next year! I get you Graye...all that hype for pj's! Rhiannon asked Santa for paints, so every time we visited a mall Santa (3 times), she was dissapointed that she got a book and threw it down in dismay. Luckily the true Santa knew she wanted paints!

Baba ooxx said...

Beautiful pictues and Great memories!