Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Newfoundland!!

I went to St. John's, Newfoundland last weekend for a work conference. It was such a great place, I loved it! Downtown, where we stayed and "worked", was the historic area. All the buildings were different colours and it was all so friendly and cheery (despite a day of snow!) I think all I ate while there was seafood - fish and chips, cod chowder and, of course, lobster! It was sooooo good.


We decided that since we were going all the way there just for a work weekend, we better do something fun as well - so we went on an ocean kayak tour! The weather predicted snow that day, but it ended up being the best day we had there. We were too early to see icebergs, whales, puffins... or anything really! But the scenery and experience was still amazing. I would love to go again a little later in the season and see all the ocean life that moves in.




We paddled into a cave - really cool, but we had to go in backwards and every time a swell came we would go up, then slide back towards the walls - scary!! Although we were reassured that it was perfectly safe, the kayaks were plastic and not going to sink, etc. etc... =)



Not too bad a place to spend at a conference! Next year it's in Toronto - I might not be so inclined to go. =D (Although I could get in some good shopping!!)

3 comments:

Lindsay Niedzielski said...

I was hoping you would put up pictures of your trip - I love the colorful buildings!! And the kayaking looks amazing!!!!

You should go to Toronto next year....you could have a shopping partner:)

Mom ooxx said...

It all looks amazing! I admire your courage going in that little plastic tippy boat on all that big very deep water! :-}

The Kruger Family said...

Wow! That's amazing Corinne! Such beautiful scenery!